Road Safety Talk by Mr Bradley
On Tuesday 10th November 2015, Mr Bradley came in to talk to the children about keeping safe on the road. The children were shocked to learn that every week 8 children between 0-6 years have accidents on the road. Mr Bradley the children aware of how dangerous the road can be and he helped them think of strategies on how they could keep safe when then are by or on the road.
The children were given time to think about what a road is, what it is made of, who might use a road and what noises they may hear when they are near to the road. This made them aware of how busy a road can be.
Daisy and Logan were thrilled to be Mr Bradley’s helpers. The children learned a lot and some children also told Mr Bradley they would like to join the police when they’re older to help keep people safe.
Here are the ways the children could keep safe:
· Hold an adult or older persons hand near the road.
· Do NOT run across the road!
· Do NOT play on the road!
· Find a safe place to cross the road.
· Use zebra or pelican crossings when you can.
· Look left and right when crossing a road.
· Wear reflective clothes in the dark.
· Use a torch whilst walking in the dark.