Cookery Club recipes
Courgette Muffins (made with courgettes from the school garden!)
- 250g grated courgettes
- 100g raisins
- 4tbsp orange juice
- 2tbsp runny honey
- 3 eggs
- 175ml vegetable oil
- 200g light muscovado sugar
- 225g self raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- zest of 2 limes
- Put raisins in a saucepan with orange juice and honey, bring to boil and simmer until liquid absorbed. Takes about 4/5 minutes.
- Put eggs, oil and sugar in bowl and whisk until creamy.
- Sift flour and baking powder, fold in egg mixture, courgettes, raisins and zest of limes. Be careful not to over mix.
- Spoon into muffin cases and bake for 25/30 minutes in oven set to 180°C/fan 160°/gas 4.
- When cool dust icing sugar over or cream cheese flavoured with lime juice and icing sugar.