On Tuesday 3rd December, the Ladies from Denver Church came into school to help the children to make their Christingles.
They taught the children the meaning of the Christingle:
· the orange represents the world
· the candle shows that Jesus is the light of the world
· the red ribbon represents the blood of Christ
· the cocktail sticks show the four seasons
· the sweets represent the fruits and the harvest
The children made their Christingles and were then invited to a service on Wednesday 4th December in St Mary’s church when they could bring their own Christingle home. Those children who did not attend the service had their Christingles returned to school and they were then able to take them home.